Coal Mine Tours Blackwater
Come and experience the ‘ultimate awe’ of a coal mine tour at one of Blackwater’s operating coal mines. See the magnificence of massive open cut pits, oversized machinery and equipment, and learn about coal mining from an expert mining operator. All tours depart via mini bus directly from the Blackwater International Coal Centre. Our delightful tour guide Vicky will take you out to our mine site and give you a wonderful run-down on the rich history of Blackwater.
Tours take approximately 3 hours and depart at 9:30am sharp – please arrive 30 minutes before departure. For safety reasons appropriate clothing and footwear is required on mine sites.
Mine Tours operate every Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:30am (excluding public holidays and poor weather conditions).
To reserve a mine tour seat please call the BICC on 4982 7755 – payment is required upon arrival prior to departure.
- Tour groups operate with a minimum of 4 people and maximum of 10.
- Larger tour groups, and prearranged specific day tours are welcome by contacting the BICC reception on 07 4982 7755.
- Children under 5 are not allowed on mine tours.
- Children on tour require full parental or guardian supervision at all times.
- We reserve the right to cancel a tour due to bad weather or unforeseen circumstances, all monies will be refunded.
- Random breath and drug testing may be performed on mine visitors, intoxicated people will be refused entry to the site.
What To Bring
For safety reasons appropriate clothing is required on site, including closed-toe shoes, long sleeved top and long trousers (the BICC does hold some of these items if required). All other safety clothing and equipment will be provided
You may bring a camera with you as the BICC has received special permission for guests to take photos during the mine tour at the viewing platform.
Water Bottle and Sunscreen.
Adult $35 per person
Concession $30 person
Children $25 per person
Free Museum Entry included for all tour visitors